Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More Paisley, etc

Last week I posted a pic of a paisley card I made after scanning some fabric.  Well of course, there was more paper left, so I had to make another.  It was supposed to be a birthday card for someone, but I forgot to send it.  Thank heavens for email instead!

Aside from the background paper, all I did was emboss the frame tag with black embossing powder, then stamp the sentiment.  Super easy!



This is an attempt at coloring with alcohol based markers.  Even as a child I stunk at coloring, so this is hard for me. It didn't come out too badly though. After stamping and coloring (using Bics, not anything expensive) I used an air tool to splatter the background a little (using water-based markers), then sponged some ink around the edges.  All finished!





I made this card for a challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.  It was supposed to be based on an Irish pottery, basically using an embossing folder with the negative side inked up.  It reminded me of wedgewood china, so I did mine in blue.  The stamp is from SU! from the I  (heart) hearts set.  I kept this part simple so it wouldn't detract from the background.  Sometimes I think there are so many embellishments that the cards drown in them.  So doing something simple for a change is nice.  All I did then was add a matching ribbon.  I used two rows because one looked too wimpy.  I didn't want anything wider because it didn't look delicate enough.  Two small ones was the compromise.  But I will say it is hard to smooth out ribbon over an embossed background!



No comments: