Monday, January 16, 2012

Two New Cards

I haven't made any cards for a bit, so this weekend I made 2.  Oddly enough, I bought some spellbinders die cuts this weekend, but didn't use them for either card!  Oh well!

The first one is made with background paper I made by scanning a piece of fabric.  I bought this fabric to make a cover for my Kindle.  I liked it so much, I thought it would make good designer paper.   I also decided it would make a great scarf to wear with a black shirt, or to add to a t-shirt for a designer top.  Might have to do both of those!  In the meantime, here's the Kindle cover and the card.


 I love how the hearts just happened to come out like they did.  I'll use this card for a Valentine's.



I saw a similar card this summer when I was at the scrapbooking convention in Arlington, TX.  It used the same stamp set, with eyes and smiles.  This is my take on it.


No comments: