Monday, November 1, 2010

New Toys



I had the good fortune to be able to spend a week with my BFF at her lake house in southern IL recently. On the way there and back, we stopped at Daisy Lane Scrapbooking in Mattoon (pronounced with a short a, not a short u!) I found this great paper called core'dinations core color cardstock. It is great stuff! The inner core is a different color than the outside. Why, you might ask, does this matter? How can she get so excited about paper? (You ain't seen nothing yet!) This paper is fantastic for creating a variety of looks.

If you like the look of torn edges, you'll love this. You can tear this and get a whole new color on the tear, not just a different shade.

If you like embossing or sanding, this is the best. Again, you go do either technique and get a second color to show through.

I've just recently been to the website for the paper. There are videos for different techniques that I'm excited to check out. In the meantime, I'm playing around with it on my own. I've posted a couple of samples of Thanksgiving cards using it. The first one was done with a great stencil I bought on the first trip into Daisy Lane. I ran it through my Big Shot, then sanded it. The other two have leaves made with the paper. I ran them through my Big Shot with a leaf die cut, then a(n) SU! texture plate, then sanded them. Love the two tone look.

Oh the dp on the third card actually isn't dp at all. I ran across a bunch of fabrics at work one that I thought would look really neat as designer paper. So I scanned them and ran them off on cardstock! Now I have to find that huge tub of leftover fabric from all my years of sewing holiday clothes for the kids...

Confession time: I went in to buy one or two sheets of the stuff, and I walked out with 42! There are so many combination to choose from, and we were presssed for time. It was easier to just grab all of one kind, for example, all the black/colored one, than to take the time to look through them all. Now that I have the website, though, I'll take my time. I foresee a lengthy Christmas list this year!

I also just got my SU! snowflake die cut strip and embossing folder. I'll post more when I've had a chance to play with them.


No comments: