Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Almost Thanksgiving

Wow!  I didn't realize it's been so long since I posted.  I've been busy making cards, as usual.  Our church is having a cookie/craft sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to set up a table.  Unfortunately, I've given away so many of my cards that I only have about 80 or so to put out.  I may have to get busy and make a few more.  I want to make sure I have plenty to choose from

I did actually sell a couple of Hanukkah cards on my Etsy website. I don't know why I keep selling to people in California, but I'll take it!

So, here are a few of my latest cards.

This card is all computer generated.  I created the background by replicating a design.  The strip was created by cutting a design apart and then putting it back together horizontally.  The flames on the menorah are gold Stickles.

While there are technically no candles on this menorah, I thought it looked more complete with "flames".  I used the leaves from a set of flowers.

For this card, I distressed the top layer before stamping.  The candles have iridescent Stickles.  The menorah has red Stickles and a rhinestone.  The flourishes at the side are stamped in versamark and embossed with red glitter embossing powder.  The ribbon is scrunched up on adhesive. The red background is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.

I have to give my BFF, Lisa, credit for this card.  We were playing with the distressing and the stamp.  She came up with this and I shamelessly copied her!  The flames are gold Stickles.  The red glitter is embossing powder.  The pearls were white, but I inked over them lightly to darken them as they looked too stark against the distressed background.

Can you tell we played with distressing techniques?  These were stamps I used at Lisa's also (she has forbidden me to borrow things anymore because they tend to have trouble navigating back to her house!)    The bottom holly strip was stamped to match the main design, while the side ones were stamped in green and given red Stickles berries.
Nothing terribly exciting here.  I found the paper in one of my paper packs and realized that the design on the upper piece was the same as my Gina K stamp.  So I had to use it.  The snowflake background is made from two labels punched with my new Decorative Label punch from Stampin' Up!

I made this card for a challenge at Stamp TV.  The challenge was to use turquoise, red, and white.  I made the glitter snowflakes as on a previous card by using my Stampin' Up! snowflake die cut strip and cutting them out of a sheet of label paper.  After removing the backing, I glittered the sticky side, then adhered them with foam squares.  The white background is embossed with the Stampin' Up! snowflake folder, then stamped in red with my Gina K snowflake stamp.

I was going for a more victorian feel here.  I don't like the way the oval fits with the scallop.  The scallop is from Spellbinders, but the oval is cut with my system from Creative Memories.  I'll have to invest in the Spellbinders ovals one of these days.  Anyway, the poinsettia is from another Stamp TV set.  I dusted it with dazzling diamonds after stamping.  The pine branches are from an old SU set called Christmas minis.I masked the flower and stamped around it with the pine boughs.  I added brown glitter to the pine cones. The sentiment is from a Stamp TV set that coordinates with Spellbinders Fancy Tags.  The background is embossed with a Holly Ribbon folder.

Another distressed card.  This is from my Heirloom Ornaments stamp set from Stamp TV.  I'm impatiently waiting for the matching Spellbinders die cuts to arrive.  In the meantime, I'm sticking with stamping. I entered this in a sketch challenge at Stamp TV.  The green paper is SU always artichoke.  The lighter paper is SU naturals Ivory.  The sentiment and red ornaments were then distressed with soft suede ink.

No comments: