Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter Cards 2012

Wow!  Once again it's been forever since I posted.  I've been too busy.  I'm currently acting in a local play, which took up most nights for several weeks in a row.  The last few days I've been off, but haven't felt like doing much.

I'm torn between cards and jewelry today.  I guess I'll go with my Easter cards while it's still at least a little bit close to Easter!  I will confess that several of these were CASEd.  I sent them all to relatives.  And actually, I'm stalling on two, so some people are still waiting.  One is my youngest sister's family.  I sent them an empty envelope!  Talk about being distracted!  Anyway, here you go.

Poor lighting, but you get the idea.  I can't find where I CASEd this from, so I can't give credit. (Oops, found it. It was a video, so I passed right over it in my search.  Here it is: Adding dimension to a single layer card.)

I created a mask by cutting the frame out of scratch paper.  Then I inked and stamped inside the frame.

I ran the card stock through my Big Shot to emboss the frame around the inked area.  Then stamped the butterfly once on the base, then again on another sheet of card stock and fussy cut it. The butterfly is from SU!  I believe it's from Happiness Always.

I just got the lacy squares dies (thought I was getting the rectangles, so since I don't have square dies, I had to use a craft knife to cut out the center).  I love how airy they make things look.

I used a DP for the background--not sure from where, it's just part of my stash. I love how the butterfly shows up so well at the bottom, though!

Then I quilled some flowers and glued them on.  I used the word happy from one stamp set and Easter from another.  Both from Gina K. Designs.

OK.  I totally stole  CASEd this one.  It was posted by a stamper on SplitCoast stampers.  Here's the original.

I got the blue background by lightly sponging onto white card stock. I think.  I may have actually tried the Wrinkle Free Distress, but ended up with this.  Not really sure.  The original looks more like denim, but this wasn't bad.
I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

I got the general idea for this one here.  But I brightened up the colors a bit and changed up the layout somewhat.

Instead of doing the wrinkle-free distress technique like on the original, I used a waxed paper technique.  You can find it at Stamp TV.

 I used a Bic permanent marker to color the pearls to match the paper.

This is one of the ones I haven't sent yet!  Maybe this weekend....I keep procrastinating because I need to send a package with it and I hate going to the post office!

This one used the other piece of card stock that you get when you do the waxed paper technique.

I didn't know what I wanted to do with it, so I just pulled some spring colors and sponged  them on.

The sentiment is so large that I don't normally use it, but since this was  for Easter....

Originally I was going to stamp flowers or something on another piece and layer it.  But I liked the look of the background too much and didn't want to cover it up.  So pastel butterflies seemed like the perfect choice.  I used embroidery floss, knotted at the ends, to be the antennae.

Another idea from a SplitCoast stamper.  I forgot to mat my top piece with black, but I like the way it turned out nonetheless.  The flower is from Gina K Designs (Stately Flowers 1) and was colored in with Bic permanent markers. The sentiment is from SU!  The red pearls were made by using a Bic permanent marker to color white pearls.

This one was so simple,  I just used a background stamp (SU! Filigree) on the yellow layer.  The butterflies were made with a die cut/embossing set from....somewhere.  I used Core'dinations paper for them (love that stuff) and sanded them.  The sentiment is from SU!.  Buttons and floss from my stash.

See what happens when you come from a big family?  You have to make a ton of cards, and then your post goes on forever!  Anyway...

I embossed the background with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder from Cuttlebug.

It's a little hard to see here, but the violets, also from Stately Flowers 1, are glittered.  I stamped on acetate in black with StayzOn, then used Crystal Laquer from PK Glitz to fill in areas to glitter, one color at a time..  The Crystal Laquer has a super fine point, making it easy to fill in small areas.

The acetate was then mounted on plain white card stock, which was layered on a spellbinders lacy circle.  A ribbon and button finish it off.

Now I just have to finish a card to actually put in an envelope for my sister's family.  She has two little boys, and I just bought some shaker inserts, so I'm trying to come up with a shaker Easter Bunny.  They may get it by Memorial day!

No comments: