Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jewelry Class

Why, or why do I let so much time go between posts?  Oh, right, LIFE!

I was recently coerced  convinced that I should have a jewelry class of my own.  As in, where I taught everyone how to make something.  Wait.  TEACH a class?  I mean, I was a teacher by profession (when there were teaching jobs actually available), but teach jewelry?  I'm just a novice myself.  However, the novice-ier novices than me finally persuaded me.

I sent and email to everyone living, breathing woman I knew (sorry guys, but few of you that I know personally would be in the least bit interested!).  I had 11 reply that they could make it on the date I set.  I busily ordered supplies, got food and drink, and waited for the big day.

8 of the 11 who originally said they could make it, made it, and one person brought a friend.  It turned out to be a blast!  It was such an eclectic group of women: some from Italian Dinner Club, some from work (current and former), some from stamping, and one from way back.

As in my stamping group (participant, not demonstrator!), everyone had their own ideas of how to get to the final product.  We started with the idea of making earrings.  But several people decided to use the design as a pendant, and make simpler matching earrings.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures.  I sent an email asking for some and managed to get 4 back.  If I get any more, I'll post them, too.  But here are some of the wonderful results. And I can't wait to do another one.  No coercion necessary!









1 comment:

Carol said...

Kudos to you and your "students." The finished products look very good. If I didn't have fourteen fingers, seven on each hand, I would join you.

Carol