Sunday, December 12, 2010

Busy, Busy

  

Things have been hectic the last few days.  I had a wonderful holiday party here on Friday with our Italian Dinner Club.  18 people in attendance.  We had a great time!  I haven't been prone to card making this week, though, as I've spent time getting ready for the party.  Also, winter weather makes it a little harder to convince myself to get to the basement to work.  I much prefer a good book in front of the fireplace.  However, I got some new toys in the mail yesterday, so maybe today I'll play just a little.

For the dinner party, I made a fabulous dessert from Kraft's Food and Family magazine:  triple-chocolate mousse cake.  Fabulous!  I do recommend, however, that you warm both the cream cheese and milk before using for the mousse part.  I didn't have mine warm enough at room temperature (since the air temp is much cooler this time of year), and my chocolate seized.  I had to dump it and start over.  But it ended up coming out perfectly!  And it looked just like its picture.
Triple-Chocolate Mousse Cake


Now it's decision time:  nap or play?  What a choice!  I love these lazy winter days!  





No comments: